My fiance and I have a very odd relationship. It is affectionate, respectful and all that other nice jazz, but ultimately the best word to describe it is "dorky". We are dorks: we giggle and flirt with each other every time we see each other like we were still in high school instead of the living together about to be married couple we are.
My friend, B, probably summed it up best when he said we were "unique". And "unique" is the kind of wedding we will probably end up having.
Our Wedding is planned for somewhere in 2009 (depending on when I graduate). I'm leaning towards a fall wedding, but that's not set in stone. Now, I wrote about how difficult this is going to end up being, seeing as neither of us knows a damn thing about planning a wedding, but we've both been working on it with due diligence*. The list that we have so far determined is as thus:
-Brandon gets to wear a sword
- I get to wear a tiara
- I want some Bridesmen, he wants some Groomsmaids
-He wants his childhood pastor to officiate. This is will go through provided a) said pastor agrees and b) agrees to let me pre-screen the Biblical quotes
- I want to get married outdoors (or, in lieu of that here)
- The most important part of this wedding is the food
- We will write our own vows**
-I will not wear white. I think I'm plenty pure, but white looks gawd-awful with my gamers' tan.
- I will not get married in a church (except for the previous exception).
- No one will be walking me down the aisle, and neither will they walk Brandon
- I will not be changing my name. Neither will Brandon
- We are NOT spending 10,000 dollars or more on this wedding.
- We will not spring for an open bar
*Meaning, as the procrastinators we both are, that we occasionally talk about what might be cool to do.
** I don't think we could do pre-set vows. Our relationship is far to dorky, and I would only be able to vow to "love" him.